3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained or 2 1/2-2 3/4 lbs
blanched fresh beans
swiss cheese, grated
( or minced)
1 1/2-2 cups corn flakes or 1 1/2-2 cups
crushed buttery crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, flour, sugar, salt, onion, cheese, and sour cream.
- Add drained beans and mix gently. (Blanched fresh beans can be substituted for the canned beans.).
- Pour into 8 x 8 Pyrex casserole, sprayed with PAM, or other cooking spray.
- Top with 1 1/2 - 2 cups cornflakes (or crushed buttery crackers).
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and the topping is golden, but not burned.