dried lentils, rinsed
carrot, finely chopped
celery, finely chopped
14 1/2 ounces
2 1/2 cups
pasta, star shaped
salt and pepper
- Cook lentils per pkg directions until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med heat, add onion and saute til translucent.
- Add carrots and celery and cook a few minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, stock, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to med low and simmer 25-30 mins or until lentils and carrots are tender and the soup has thickened a little. Remove the bay leaf.
- If you like your soup smooth, now would be the time to zip through it with an immersion blender, or continue to next step if you like it chunky.
- Add pasta and bring back to a simmer. Simmer about 10 mins stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Remove from heat, season to taste and enjoy.