coarsely grated raw potatoes
( I like cheddar)
any cooked meat
( ham, hamburger, chicken, turkey...)
- Squeeze excess liquid from potatoes then mix together with vegetable oil.
- Press into 9" pie pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until just beginning to brown, in 425 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and lay on cheese, cooked meat, and onion.
- In a bowl beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over meat mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted 1" from edge comes out clean.
- Allow quiche to cool 5-10 minutes before cutting into wedges.