( bone in, trimmed, skin removed or boneless, skinless whatever your choice)
dried thyme leaves, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil or coat it with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then rub with 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Place bone-side up in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes for boneless or with bone in, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat jam or jelly, vinegar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme over medium-low heat until glaze is melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Turn chicken meat-side up. Brush liberally with jam glaze. Continue to roast, brushing twice with remaining glaze, until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more, (20 minutes for bone in).
- Serve with some brown (or white rice).