2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
( firmly packed)
apple cider vinegar
ground black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain; crumble.
- Add beef broth, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and misture comes to a boil.
- Add cabbage and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle bacon over cabbage and serve hot.