2 -3 cups
cooked turkey, chopped up
eggs, slightly beaten
flour, for dredging
breadcrumbs, for dredging
vegetable oil, for frying
( may need more or less)
Sauce if not using leftover gravy
1 (12 ounce) cans
condensed cream of chicken soup
( 1 can)
2% low-fat milk
- Mix the turkey, stuffing, and eggs well. Refrigerate 3 hours minimum.
- Create a 'log' shape from about 3/4 cup of mixture. Then gently drop onto the counter to flatten the bottom. (about 3" high, 2" in diameter).
- Roll the croquettes in flour, then bread crumbs. Fry in oil in deep skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides and bottom, about 10-15 minutes. Keep warm in 200 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Sauce: (or you can use leftover gravy) Meanwhile, mix the can of soup with the half cup milk in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until warmed and creamy.
- Pour over croquettes or serve sauce on the side. Traditionally served atop mashed potatoes for a wonderful presentation.