green peppers, chopped
garlic cloves, pressed
1 (15 ounce) cans
Italian-style diced tomatoes
( or garlic seasoned)
hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1 1/2 cups
salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown onions, peppers, and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter. Add flour and stir until lightly browned. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend white sauce with tomato mixture.
- In a greased 2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of sliced eggs, tomato mixture, and cracker crumbs. You should have 3 layers, ending with the crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.