active dry yeast
( one pkg)
egg, slightly beaten
3 1/2 cups
( sift if desired)
2 -3 tablespoons
- Soften yeast in the warm water, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, shortening, and salt and stir into milk.
- Cool to lukewarm, and then add the yeast mixture, egg,and 2 1/2 cups of the flour and beat well.
- Add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Let rise for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down.
- Turn out and shape into rolls.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.