( 1 bag)
sturdy wooden skewers
paste food coloring
- Note: You will need the sturdy wooden skewers, not the thin ones. The pops are very heavy after dipping. Popsicle sticks could be used if making only individual pops.
- Place two marshmallows on the flat end of each of the 16 skewers. Do not pierce all of the way thru the top marshmallow. Be sure the pointed end of the skewer is down and not inside the marshmallows!
- Break almond bark into chunks. Place into micro safe bowl & cook 1 minute in the microwave. Stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir each time.
- Dip the skewers into the melted almond bark. Roll until well covered. Let dry. Note: After dipping I poked the skewers through the holes in an upside down colander to let dry.
- Color the royal icing in desired colors and pipe on eyes, a carrot nose, mouth, and a scarf or buttons. Let dry completely before proceeding to arrange or wrap. You can also use icing in the tubes if a long hold time is not needed.
- Cut skewers into desired lengths. Arrange into a bouquet in a coffee mug or other container. I placed styrofoam and shredded paper in the mug so there would be a base to hold the pops. After the bouquet is made wrap it in a printed or clear cellophane bag & tie with ribbon. (not shown) You can also wrap individually with plastic wrap & tie with a ribbon or poke them into a vase with a flower frog.