4 1/2 cups
( or use 4-1/2 cups corn flake cereal, semi crushed after measuring the whole flakes)
light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups
( smooth or crunchy)
chopped salted peanuts
- Spray a large cookie sheet or line with waxed paper.
- Place the cereal and chopped peanuts in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium heavy saucepan combine the brown, white sugar and the corn syrup; bring to a full boil over medium-high heat stirring occasionally.
- Boil for about 2 minutes at a full boil.
- Remove from heat mix in the vanilla then the peanut butter until well combined.
- Pour over the cereal and mix well using a wooden spoon (the mixture will firm slightly while mixing so mix fast!).
- Drop onto baking sheet using 2 tablespoons (using one spoon to push the mixture off of the other spoon onto the pan as the mixture is hot, make into whatever size you desire).
- Cool until firm.