fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
( about 2 1/2 cups)
brown sugar, packed
2 -3 tablespoons
( or more to taste)
( to taste)
lime, cut in wedges
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Finely chop ginger in a food processor. Transfer to a large glass or ceramic bowl; add boiling water and stir to blend. Cover loosely with foil. Let the ginger mixture stand at cool room temperature 24 hours.
- Strain ginger liquid into large pitcher; discard the solids in a strainer.
- Add brown sugar to liquid and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour ginger beer over ice. If you like, add a little club soda. Serve with lime wedge to squeeze over. Enjoy!