fresh mushrooms, sliced
onion, thinly sliced
hot italian pepper, chopped
provolone cheese, sliced and divided into two portions
- With a small amount of olive oil heated on medium high, saute mushrooms and onions until soft. Stir in peppers. Place in a bowl and keep warm.
- Divide shaved beef into two portions and shape generally into same shape as grinder roll.
- Meanwhile toast grinder rolls.
- In same skillet as mushrooms were cooked heat a little more olive oil. Place two meat portions in hot skillet and brown. Flip over and immediately place cheese on each meat portion. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Using spatula remove meat from skillet and place cheese side down in grinder rolls. Top with mushroom, onion, and pepper mixture.
- Can top sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mayo, etc.