- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in sugar and spices until well combined and the granules have begun to melt. Mix in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined.
- Place into a cookie press and press out shapes onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle cookies with the spiced sprinkling sugar.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set but not browned. Allow to cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool completely.