( potato dumplings)
extra virgin olive oil
fresh garlic cloves
dry white wine
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
sweet creamy butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, chilled
freshly grated parmesan cheese
chopped fresh basil
( to taste)
salt, to taste
freshly crushed black pepper, to taste
- Sauce Preparation:.
- Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown.
- To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes and basil, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pasta Preparation:.
- Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- Plating Suggestion:.
- Place sauced pasta on serving plate, top with Parmesan and Basil.