1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup
- Beat butter and shortening on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat till combined, scraping bowl.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. If necessary, cover and chill dough for 3 hours or till easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half at a time to 1/8 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2 inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut into desired shapes.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 F oven 7-8 minutes or till edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned. Cool on a rack.