celery, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons pear vinegar or 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or 2 tablespoons
other fruit vinegar
ripe pears, preferably red Bartlett, diced
finely diced white cheddar cheese
chopped pecans, toasted in a skillet over low-medium heat for 2-4 minutes
fresh ground pepper
lettuce leaves, use more if chopping
- Soak celery in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, and salt in a large bowl until blended.
- Add pears; gently stir to coat.
- Add the celery, cheese, and pecans; stir to combine. Season with pepper.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among six plates and top with a portion of salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled.