onion, finely chopped
fresh ground black pepper
finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
( or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
fresh mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
crusty French bread
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, parsley, and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover, and cook until the shells have opened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard any shells that do not open.
- Transfer to a large deep bowl and serve immediately. Make sure to have spoons available as this broth is good!
- Use your nice crusty french bread for dipping.