light corn syrup
1 cup candied cherries or 1 cup
maraschino cherry, well drained, quartered
- Combine sugar, salt, cream, mil, corn syrup and butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boiling.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 238F (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat, leaving thermometer in the saucepan. Cool to 100°F.
- Add vanilla. Beat briskly until fudge thickens and begins to lose its gloss.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour into buttered 8" square pan.
- Cool. Cut into squares when firm.