18 1/4 ounces
yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons rum or 1/4 teaspoon
- Generously grease a bundt pan or 10" tube pan with soft margarine or butter.
- Press whole almonds and candied cherries against buttered sides and bottom, making a pretty pattern or design on pan.
- Dust lightly with flour. Set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, melted butter and rum.
- Beat until smooth, about 4 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Pour batter into decorated pan.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 350°F for 45- 55 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert on rack and cool thoroughly.