onion, coarsely chopped
1 (8 ounce) bags
1 (8 ounce) packages
tiny new potatoes, halved
3 -3 1/2 lbs
beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
condensed cream of celery soup
1 (1 1/4 ounce) packets
onion soup mix
low sodium beef broth
- Into a slow cooker, put the onions, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, brown the meat on all sides in the oil.
- When it is nicely browned, put it in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- In small bowl, stir together the cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, beef broth and steak sauce.
- Pour over the top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Note: This can also be cooked for 3-4 hours on a high setting, but I don't think it comes out as tender.