salt and pepper, to taste
onion, vertically sliced
green pepper, cut into strips
15 ounces stewed tomatoes or 15 ounces
- Chop up onion, green pepper, garlic, and cilantro and set aside.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper and spread on a plate. (omit cornmeal for faster cooking time).
- Cut up each tilapia filet into 3 or 4 strips.
- Coat tilapia with the flour mixture.
- In a large frying pan, add 2 or 3 tablespoons oil and then add the fish.
- Flip over the fish when golden until both sides are cooked, adding rest of oil as needed.
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic, and cilantro mixture and stir fry them in the remaining oil until onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and the fish, folding the sauce over the fish gently.
- Heat through at medium temperature and serve over white rice.