round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
( or drippings)
celery, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 (16 ounce) cans
green pepper, cut into thin strips
garlic clove, minced
- Partially freeze round steak and cut into thin strips, 2 or 3 inches long.
- Combine flour and salt and dredge strips.
- Brown strips in shortening in large pan and drain.
- Add celery and water. Cover tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green pepper, onion, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve plain or over rice.