1 1/2 cups
old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- Beat together shortening, sugars and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs until batter is light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture and rolled oats.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by well rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets (parchment paper lined sheets make cleanup easy).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
- Yield is supposed to be 7 1/2 dozen cookies.