salt and pepper
4 (15 ounce) cans
1 (15 ounce) cans
petite diced tomatoes
1 (10 ounce) cans
Rotel diced tomatoes
1 (1 1/4-1 1/2 ounce) packets
1 (10 count) packages
corn tortillas, cut into small pieces
shredded beef brisket
( or shredded grilled beef fajita meat)
corn tortilla chips, broken into small pieces
- Saute carrots, onions, celery in corn oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper until tender.
- Add beef broth and bring to boil.
- Add tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and shredded beef.
- Cut tortillas into small pieces and add to broth mixture.
- Let boil for 20 minutes or until tortillas are thoroughly incorporated into soup, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Reduce heat and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- If thicker soup is desired, add more diced tortillas and let incorporate into soup.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.
- Substitutions: 1 cup Masa Harina (masa flour) for 1 12 ct package of yellow corn tortillas. Gradually add masa flour mixing into broth. If thicker soup is desired, add more masa flour.
- Can also add two seeded/sliced jalapeños and one sprig of fresh cilantro.