2 (13 7/8 ounce) cans
refrigerated pizza crusts
of sliced pepperoni, divided
bulk hot sausage, cooked and drained
( recommend Jimmy Dean)
3 1/2 cups
mozzarella cheese, and provolone shredded cheese mix divided
parmesan cheese, divided
red pepper flakes
Italian herb seasoning, blend
olive oil, for brushing
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface.
- Roll pizza dough into a 10x14 inch rectangle. Be careful not to roll too thin.
- Cover the rectangle with layers of the toppings - pepperoni, sausage, cheese blend, parmesan cheese, italian herb seasoning to taste, pizza seasoning to taste, garlic powder to taste, red pepper flakes to taste. Be sure to leave a 1 inch border around all the sides.
- Starting at the end closest to you, roll the stromboli into a log (my husband says the pizza place does it like a jelly roll).
- Seal the dough by pinching firmly with fingertips on sides and ends.
- Cover baking sheet with foil, brushed lightly with olive oil.
- Place stromboli on prepared baking sheet. Make sure seam of stromboli is on the bottom.
- Use a pastry brush to apply olive oil to top of strombolis.
- Place on center rack of oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice with serrated knife.