light brown sugar
1 3/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 375 (rack on the 2nd position from top).
- Slice "cold" unsalted butter into small pieces and whip in your mixer for a minute or so. Because it's cold it will stick a bit, but don't fret -- scrape and mix.
- Add both sugars, baking powder, baking soda and the cinnamon. With mixer combine at medium speed until the mixture has a crumbly texture.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour. If your mixer sounds like it's over-working, you may have to continue by hand and use a spoon.
- DON'T OVER MIX or cookies will get tough!
- Gently fold in the oats, and optional add-ins of chocolate chips or raisins.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour.
- Drop dough by the heaping tablespoon onto cookie sheet.
- "Lightly" sprinkle cookies with Kosher salt.
- Bake on 2nd rack from top at 375 for 12-15 minutes. (Cookies should still be soft to the touch).
- Carefully transfer them to a cooling rack and enjoy!