( room temperature)
self raising flour, sifted
plain flour, sifted
apple, peeled & grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Deg C (350 Deg F or Gas Mark 4). Grease then line a 20cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar in a small bowl, until pale in colour and light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half of the milk and half of the sifted flours. Then stir in the remaining milk and flour.
- Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with the apple then top with the almonds.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes then carefully turn onto a wire rack to cool.