( use your favorite prepared salsa)
( four 4-oz. fillets)
salt and pepper
Spicy Black Beans
garlic cloves, minced
red pepper flakes
2 (15 ounce) cans
black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare black beans: Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add two cans of drained and rinsed black beans and one cup water.
- Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 inutes. (If you want a thinner consistency, add more water to taste). Season with coarse salt to taste, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Prepare tilapia: In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal and paprika; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge each tilapia fillet in cornmeal mixture, patting it carefully on to cover completely.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook as many fillets as you can (without crowding) until golden and firm (about 2-4 minutes per side).
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Serve tilapia with black beans and salsa.