kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
fresh portabella mushroom, diced
( about 2 cups)
yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups
fresh thyme, chopped
4 -5 cups
hot chicken stock
1 3/4 cups
radicchio, chopped and loosely packed
Tomato, seeded and chopped
parmesan cheese, grated
chives, minced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Trim ends of shallots. Peel off outer brown layer and cut in half. Coat with 1T olive oil and sprnkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Wrap shallots in foil and roast for 65 minutes. Keep wrapped in foil until ready to serve.
- In large saute pan over medium heat, heat remaining oil and butter. Add mushrooms and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and thyme and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Carefully add wine (it will steam up when poured into pan!) and simmer to evaporate. Start adding stock in 1/2 cup increments and slowly stir until mostly evaporated.
- Cook until al dente.
- Stir in radicchio and tomatoes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more to wilt radicchio slightly.
- Stir in parmesan.
- Serve very hot, harnished with shallots and minced chives.