whole wheat flour
- Heat water to 110 degrees f.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- add oil and water.
- Mix until the dough is formed.
- let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead in a stand mixer using the dough hook for 3 minutes
- let rest for 5 minutes.
- Knead an additional 3 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise until dough is doubled (about 1 hour).
- Divide dough into 8 pieces, roll out to flatten each piece and then bring 2 opposite ends together and then bring the other 2 ends together, shaping into a ball.
- Place seam side down on a oiled baking sheet (or place on parchment paper lined baking sheet).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let buns rise until quite puffy.
- Bake in pre-heated 375 f oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.