2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons
potatoes, peeled and diced
sweet onion, chopped
green pepper, chopped
red bell pepper, chopped
celery, finely diced
crisp bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 -3 tablespoons
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
additional sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in vegetables and saute for additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and crispy (this will be less time if you used leftover cooked potatoes).
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs vigorously with the whipping cream, baking powder, salt and pepper until very well combined; let stand.
- Add in cooked bacon.
- Move vegetable and bacon mixture to cover only half of the skillet.
- Whisk eggs again briefly and then add in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour into the empty half of the skillet.
- When the eggs start to set, start to scramble and stir entire mixture together until eggs reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese on top, if using and allow to melt.