1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon
1/4 cup smoked salmon or 1/4 cup
lox, cut into chunks
cream cheese, preferably whipped
( to garnish)
- Break eggs into mixing bowl. Add cream cheese and whisk together (as much as possible). It will probably take on the consistency of cottage cheese.
- In a small skillet or omelet pan, melt butter or margarine and add onion. Cook until translucent and starting to brown on the edges.
- Pour egg/cream cheese mixture into pan (over onions). As eggs set, pull in towards center a few times to distribute the egg in the pan.
- Add salmon. If making this as an omelet, put salmon on one side of the eggs only. Otherwise, distribute it over the entire pan of eggs.
- For omelet, fold in half.
- Place on plate (preferably next to a yummy toasted bagel). Garnish with chives.