uncooked bacon, finely chopped
( or use any amount desired)
( or use 18% table cream or half and half)
ground black pepper
( or to taste)
( omit if using bacon grease)
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped green onions
6 (6 inch)
( use any amount desired)
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp; remove to a plate (you may drain the fat or leave a few tablespoons in the skillet and omit the butter).
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with cream, baking powder, salt and pepper until well combined, then add in the cooked bacon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until almost firm but still slightly watery.
- Add in the cheese and cook gently stirring until the eggs are just cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup or a little more down the center of each warm tortilla, then sprinkle a small amount of green onions (if using) over the egg mixture.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
- You may place the rolled tortillas in a baking dish, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with salsa.