dry split peas
beef bouillon granules
dried onion flakes
uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup alphabet pasta or 1/2 cup
other small macaroni noodles
1 (28 ounce) cans
- In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the first eight ingredients in the order listed.
- Seal tightly.
- To prepare soup, carefully remove macaroni from the top of the jar and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, or Dutch oven, brown beef; drain.
- Add the water tomatoes and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the reserved macaroni, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the macaroni, peas, lentils, and barley are tender.