garlic, unpeeled, separated
yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, 1-inch pieces
mozzarella cheese, grated
smoked mozzarella cheese, grated
Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix garlic and oil in large baking dish.
- Bake until garlic is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Press garlic between fingertips to release cloves.
- Puree garlic in processor.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Add milk and butter and continue mashing until well blended.
- Mix in garlic puree and all remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to 6-cup baking dish.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing).
- Bake potatoes until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon onto plates and serve.