1 3/4 lbs
pumpkin, section of
3 1/2 ounces
cheese, Fourme d'Ambert
3 1/2 tablespoons
isigny butter, with coarse rock salt
creme fraiche, generous
fresh ground pepper
- Remove the seeds, filaments and rind from the pumpkin.
- Cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Over low heat, cook the pumpkin pieces in the melted butter, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 3/4 cup water, add 1/2 teaspoons salt, cover and let cook 20 minutes longer over low heat.
- Put the pumpkin through a food mill using the fine strainer plate, purée in a blender, add the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently bring the soup to a boil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and lay five thin slices of the fourme d'Ambert cheese on the surface.
- Wait for a moment until the cheese has melted and serve.