1 1/2 cups
Bisquick baking mix
( I use Heart Healthy type, see note below)
lemon zest, if available
1 -2 teaspoon
- NOTE: I make these scones using the "Bisquick Heart Healthy" lower fat product, but the nutrition content stated is for Standard Bisquick.
- In a large bowl, gently toss Bisquick Mix, sugar and blueberries. If you have a fresh lemon, you can also add 1 t. lemon ZEST for a great flavor boost. Set aside dry mixture.
- In a 1 cup measure, whisk milk and egg together.
- Pour liquids into Bisquick bowl and use a fork to mix things together gently. Use a large cookie scoop to portion out 8 dollops of dough onto parchment paper.
- Use wet fingers to flatten each scone slightly.
- Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are browning.
- Glaze: Mix lemon juice with Confectioners Sugar to achieve a thin consistency. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- NOTE: Due to low fat content, these probably won't freeze very well, so make them and eat them!