24 king prawns, shell on or 24
king prawns, tails on
4 tablespoons fresh lovage, leaves finely chopped or 4 tablespoons
3 tablespoons creme fraiche or 3 tablespoons
lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
1 teaspoon caster sugar or 1 teaspoon
mixed salad green, of your choice
( to garnish)
extra limes (to garnish) or
( to garnish)
- To make the dressing:.
- Put all the dressing ingredients together in a jam jar or a lidded salad dressing container and shake them well until the dressing has emulsified and has thickened.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Put to one side whilst you cook the prawns and assemble the salad.
- In a large roomy frying pan and over a medium heat - cook the prawns in the white Pineau, moving them around all the time until they are pink and cooked - about 3-6 minutes depending on the size of the prawns.
- On a large plate, arrange the salad leaves and just before serving the prawns, add the dressing to the pan with the prawns, stirring around well to give them all a good coating.
- Arrange the prawns on the plate next to the salad leaves, drizzling the warm dressing over the prawns and the salad leaves.
- Scatter finely chopped lovage leaves over the top and garnish with a wedge of lime or lemon, or both!
- Serve 6 prawns per person for a starter and between 8 and 12 per person for a light luncheon dish, with crusty bread and butter.
- N.B. Make sure you have finger bowls and wipes available, or just lick your fingers!