1 1/2 cups
whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons
for herb biscuits
- Combine flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Add milk, mix quickly.
- Turn out onto a floured board.
- Knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12, 2 inch round biscuits or into wedges or squares.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425°F oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- For herb biscuits, add basil, thyme and parsley to dry ingredients.
- (These make great dumplings).