regular white sugar
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Take the water off the heat and add the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Let the nectar cool.
- Place in a clean hummingbird feeder and hang outside for the birds.
- Check the bird feeder on occasion to see if any gray mold has formed inside the feeder, or, any ants have crawled inside to get at the sugar water.
- If you see any take the feeder down and throw the bird food away. It's not good for the birds to drink this. Chances are they won't drink it anyway.
- Clean the hummingbird feeder by rinsing with warm water. Then, put a few drops of bleach into the water inside the feeder and clean with a bottle brush.
- Once clean, rinse with fresh water and let dry.
- Fill up with new food and place outside.
- The birds will love you for it!