1 1/2 cups
brown sugar, packed
semi-sweet chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, brown sugar and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CUPCAKES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 cup butter, softened, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs, milk and extract; blend with electric mixer set on low speed.
- Add the contents of the jar and continue to blend for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into papered muffin tins, filling each liner half full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.