6 -10 cups
( as required by fryer)
progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
beef ravioli, premade
( fresh, or if frozen, thawed)
grated parmesan cheese
marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat the oil in your deep fryer to 325 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in shallow bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl.
- Bread the ravioli by dipping each one in the milk and egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Arrange the breaded ravioli on a plate and let them sit for 5 minutes so that the breading sticks.
- When the ravioli has rested, drop a handful into the oil. Depending on the size of your fryer, you may want to fry the ravioli in batches so they aren't too crowded. Fry the breaded ravioli for 1-2 minutes or until they're golden brown. Remove them to a draining rack or a paper-towel lined plate.
- When all the raviolis are cooked, arrange them on a serving plate and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve the dish with a small bowl of warmed marinara sauce on the side for dipping.