ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
banana, ripened and mashed
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the baking soda, baking powder, sugar and then flour - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup butter, melted, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 cups fresh blueberries and 1 large ripe banana, mashed.
- BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter, eggs and extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir just until mixed; do not overstir.
- Gently fold in blueberries and banana.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.