fresh jalapeno pepper, finely minced
light corn syrup
1 1/4 cups
1 -2 cup
raw nuts, rough chopped
( Whichever you enjoy cashews, peanuts, pecans, walnuts)
unsalted butter, divided in half
- Generously butter a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan or use a sli pad. Set aside.
- In a skillet melt 1 tablespoon of the butter; add jalapenos and nuts, and cook over low heat until peppers are tender.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and syrup and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add jalapenos and nuts. Stir well, and cook until mixture reaches the soft crack stage 290 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Blend in 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract mix well.
- Sprinkle baking soda evenly over the cooked mixture and stir well. If looking for heat add additional minced jalapeno now.
- When foamy, pour immediately onto the prepared jellyroll pan. Spread out into a thin layer. Let cool on jellyroll pan until until brittle and cool enough to handle.
- Break into irregular pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.