3 cups fat free chicken broth or 3 cups
1 (10 ounce) cans
mushroom stems and pieces, include liquid
granulated garlic powder
chicken soup base
instant potato flakes
- In a large frying pan, add broth, mushrooms and liquid and bring to boil.
- Add pepper, garlic powder, chicken soup base, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, stir to blend.
- While still at boil, add potato flakes stirring constantly until gravy thickens to a desired consistency.
- Use additional instant potato flakes if gravy is too thin.
- If gravy gets too thick, add small amounts of water.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- If you desire a brown color, add a few drops of (Bovril, beef concentrate).
- This gravy is excellent with roasts or chicken.