Creamy Maple Syrup
maple-flavored pancake syrup
12 slice whole wheat bread or 12 slice
white bread, divided
- FOR Creamy Maple Syrup: Combine sugar, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- FOR FRENCH TOAST: whisk together eggs, remaining 1 cup evaporated milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip 4 slices bread in milk mixture and then place in skillet.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Repeat 2 more times with with 2 tablespoons butter and remaining bread.
- Keep warm in oven.
- Serve with warm Creamy Maple Syrup.
- Refrigerate any leftover syrup for another use.
- Tip: One 12 fl. oz. can is all the evaporated milk you will need for this recipe.