4 cups cooked wild rice or 4 cups
cooked wild rice, and regular rice blend
1 lb spinach, washed (bag spinach is great) or 10 ounces
frozen chopped spinach, well squeezed of all liquid
3 eggs or 1/2 cup
Egg Beaters egg substitute
green onion, chopped
monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
water chestnuts, minced
- Beat the eggs well and season with salt and pepper. Stir in rice, cheese and parsley.
- Lightly saute the green onions, using both green and white parts, in a large skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- If using fresh spinach tear or coarsely chop the spinach leaves and stir them to the pan of green onions and toss just until a little wilted. Frozen spinach would only require a good squeeze to remove all the liquid- I use a ricer for this and it works great!
- Add the onions and spinach to the rice mixture and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a little brown on top.