beef bouillon cubes
garlic cloves, sliced thin
dried tomatoes, chopped
( not packed in oil)
onion paste, fried
( available at Asian markets)
red pepper flakes
( to taste)
1 (8 ounce) packages
baby portabella mushrooms
( or other flavorful mushrooms)
red potatoes, big dice
- Mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Strain into lit fondue pot and bring to high simmer.
- I've so far tried beef, veges and shrimp, shrimp being my fav in this broth. I also don't add salt, but you may prefer to add.
- Serve with any of the great fondue dippers found on Zaar -- I like horseradish and wasabi sauces. Sriracha sauce is personal favorite.
- Possible additions:.
- For beef, 1T Worcestershire sauce.
- For chicken/shrimp, sliced fresh ginger and 1T soy sauce.