sour cream, cold
1 1/3 cups
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the sour cream until the mixture forms coarse pieces
- Add milk and stir the mixture with a fork until most of the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Turn the batter on the counter and knead and fold until the dough is formed.
- Do not knead longer than necessary
- Roll or pat the dough to about 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or a glass.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet with edges touching
- Bake for about 16 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown and biscuits sound hollow when gently tapped.