1 1/2 cups
( 2 sticks, softened)
of fine-flaked coconut
1/2 cup of chopped sweetened pineapple (caramelized) or 1/2 cup
2 1/2 cups
- Soften butter at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shred pineapple chunks into smaller bits.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time until mixture is fluffy.
- Beat in coconut extract.
- Add water.
- Add the pineapple and coconut.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Form cookie dough into a ball and wrap in plastic.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into by the 1/4 into balls.
- Lightly flatten top.
- Lay balls an inch apart and bake for 7 minutes.